Thai Massage & Cacao Circle
February 20, 2022
1pm – 6pm
Join us for a fun, heart-opening afternoon in this Thai Massage community practice!
This daytime event is intended to bring us together in-person, to give and receive the power of community care and connection through shared intentional healing practices. During this afternoon, we will gather in a locally owned event space in Denver to learn and share with a full and joyful presence and loving-kindness. The 5-hour community practice will include:
- Embodied relating and movement practices to cultivate curiosity and care.
- Conscious Cacao Circle to open your heart space with generative energy.
- You may bring additional plant or fungi supplements for discretionary personal use. This is a cannabis and microdose friendly event. Please discuss questions with the group facilitator.
- Learn and practice Thai Massage techniques with a partner to enjoy immediate benefits while gaining skills to take into your daily life.
- Handouts will be provided.
- Bring a partner, or if you enroll solo you will be matched with another attendee for the Thai Massage trades.
- Closing sharing circle, to integrate and set intentions for applying to your life.
Thai Massage is inherently a community practice, a folk medicine created by and for the people with access for all.
The Thai people readily teach anyone these basic practices who show an earnest desire to learn. They share these healing methods from a place of Metta-Loving Kindness and to the benefit of all beings.
It is from the same spirit of sharing with loving-kindness that I invite you into a ceremony of connection… to share in the practice of Thai Massage, Cacao, and embodied relating!
Early Bird Rates through Feb 14
4964 W 46th Ave.
Denver, CO 80212
What to bring
- Wear comfortable yoga or loose fitting clothes
- Water bottle
- Pen and Journal
- Yoga Mat
- Pillow and Blanket
- Optional: conservative amounts of plants or fungi to add to your cacao
Nicole Lilly, MA, LMT, RSMT
Community Practice Guide
I first learned the practice of Thai Massage in 2012 in Chiang Mai, Thailand. I was fortunate enough to attend Thai-led classes following a period of time I spent as a guest manager and teacher at an outdoor yoga shala on a small island in Indonesia. Thai Massage (and yoga) has been one of the foundations to my practice as a healing artist and somatic practitioner. I have continually been inspired by the spirit of this community practice, and I am pleased to be able to finally offer this workshop again.
My vision for this Community Practice gathering is to bring you local in-person offerings that are relatively affordable, inclusive, and meaningful. If there is positive response to this event, I will consider creating additional Community Practice events, to share some of my favorite modalities and practices with you.